Things to Consider before scheduling to volunteer…
- If you have a mobility concern (i.e. are using a wheelchair, walker, etc), please contact the volunteer coordinator at 814-459-3663 x 106. Please note that during the construction period of June to August there may be certain days, or hours within specific days, that volunteer access may be limited to those with mobility concerns.
- The success of our projects depends on our volunteers. For that reason we ask that our volunteers arrive on time for the beginning of their shift and commit to a minimum of 1½ hours of service. All volunteers will begin the shift together– at 9:00am, 1:00pm or 5:30pm.
- All volunteers must wear closed toe shoes. Flip flops and sandals are not permitted.
- When scheduling shifts, please keep in mind that all children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18. The adult chaperone must also register for the volunteer shift as well. If the adult is not a parent or legal guardian, we will require a copy of ACT 153 Clearances– these include criminal and child abuse clearances. You may be required to have FBI fingerprinting done if you have not lived in the state of Pennsylvania for the past 10 consecutive years.
- The recommended age for many of our volunteer shifts is 13 years of age and older. Although children as young as 6 may volunteer, please use your discretion when scheduling children under 13. We do offer Family Volunteer Days the first Saturday of each month that will feature child friendly projects– please see the volunteer calendar below for these opportunities.
- Court Ordered Volunteer Hours – We accept most court-related service hours. Before scheduling any volunteer shifts, you must contact the volunteer coordinator at 814-459-3663 x 106 to discuss requirements for court-related community service.
If you have any questions regarding any of the volunteer opportunities listed, please contact the volunteer coordinator by calling (814) 459-3663 x 106 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org